Data Skills for Kids
Data science event for children which is held in one day, as it is presented to the employees of some institutions, whether private or public, as it includes data science curriculum in addition to some activities in mental skills.
A data science competition targeting children in partnership with their parents to creates a spirit of cooperation between the child and his family and shares with his family gaining knowledge in a fun and competitive atmosphere.
A data science competition that includes a group of workshops in the field of data science, data analysis to support decision-making, search mechanisms and sources, and many other workshops, in addition to dialogue sessions and specialized sessions to come up with a project idea which serves the community.
Ideathon Data Science
13 – 16 years old
The event's objectives
The competition aims to discover and encourage childish and young talents and draw their attention to the importance of data science and its life applications.
- Forming different teams that include all the states of Muscat Governorate, where each team has a minimum of 3 students, and no more than 5 teams participate.
- Implementing a group of workshops in data science, conducting brainstorming sessions , interactive sessions and specialized sessions in several fields.
- Duration of the competition: 5 days, 4 hours a day.
- All teams must be present within the mentioned 5 days.
The final product
glance on our Training programs Training programs
Data science program for children ages six to seventeen years to build their competencies in the field of data science. During the building of this program, the focus was on introducing practical and direct application of data science while receiving the implemented workshops, in contrast to what is offered in schools and classrooms.
They are thinking and intelligence games that aim to develop the mental aspect of the participants, where they are made aware of their fundamentals and how to use them, and then activate the stimulating aspect of competition between the groups of participants.
Using programming languages to analyze and represent the collected data in addition to processing it. It contains an integrated training program in data science using these two languages.
A training program for young and emerging classes in the mechanism of using the drone and its programming in two languages Scratch & Python In collecting and analyzing the data quickly and easily.
An educational program for children on how to print graphs of all their three-dimensional (3D) colors.
Data Science for Kids event DSK
Build a generation of youth that are aware of the importance of data sciences and competent to manage, analyze and interpret data to create meaningful information.
- The Basic Level (6-9 years).
- The Intermediate Level (10-14 years).
- Advance Level (15-17 years).
- The Lab.
- My Tablet.
- The Game Boards.
- What is data?
- Why data is important?How do you collect data?
- How do you make a meaningful graphic representation from your data?
- How to analyses data?
- Development of intellectual skills in mathematics and statistical science in an innovative way.
- Being a self-learner with passion.
- Gain self-confidence and constructive thinking.
Data Science Events in 2018-2019
Data Science Events in 2018-2019
Educational and behavioral games
- Montessori and Data Science.
- Imagination pioneers.
Data Science Field Science Fiction Stories
This field aims to serve young adults and introduce them to data science using children’s story techniques in science fiction.
Programs for People with Special Needs
All the blind from 8 to 16 years old.
A program in data science for children is offered for three levels, from the first to the third, and the applicants contain the same material as data science for children, but in Braille to suit this category.
- An integrated course containing 3 levels was prepared for the blind.
- The course was printed in Braille to be used by all blind participants.
- A staff that has the ability to deal with the blind has been prepared to implement this program.